My month in Italy

La Bella Vita – The Beautiful Life

2nd Semester

July 5th, 2011

So as of now I’m just past halfway through with my trip.  It’s a bittersweet feeling…it’ll be nice to be back in the states, but I really love Orvieto.  This weekend was absolutely hectic.  Friday we had our final exam, (because we’re covering 2 semesters of material in two 2 week periods) went to Lake Bolsena, Saturday we went to Civita di Bagnoregio in the morning and Florence in the afternoon, stayed in a hostel, and woke up Sunday and shopped around Florence.  So here’s the good part:  the pictures.

This is Lake Bolsena. We were expecting a tiny body of water. This is like an ocean! It even had waves! The weather wasn't too good, but it was still relaxing.

Oh yeah...I live there. This is a view of Orvieto from the bus we took to the lake. We're up on a hill...it's gorgeous!

This is Civita di Bagnoregio. It's a small city up on a hill, that the rest of the earth has eroded away from. They have amazing views over Italy.

Florence! We spent several hours going up and down streets buying things from vendors like this

The Duomo of Florence: This place is gorgeous. It's huge, and super intricate.

Just the other day we stumbled upon a pasticceria (pastry shop) that is amazing. I'm in love with these.

Powered by WordPress. Theme by Sash Lewis.