My month in Italy

La Bella Vita – The Beautiful Life

It’s Kind Of A Funny Story…

July 6th, 2011

Let me preface this story:  our first week here we asked our teacher Alessandra if famous people from America came to Orvieto often, because it’s a very beautiful historic town, but it’s not very big and not very touristy.  She said many Italian stars did, but she didn’t know of any Americans.  Well…

Today after class we met up with our teacher to go inside the Duomo.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  It’s huge, and there are frescos (huge paintings) covering both small chapels on the sides.  And while we were leaving one of the chapels, a woman with a stroller passed us.  I turned to my friend and said “Carrie Bradshaw much?” because she looked very much like Sarah Jessica Parker.  And then we realized that it was, in fact, Sarah Jessica Parker.  With her husband Matthew Broderick, 3 kids, and 3 nannys.  Go figure!  We went outside the Duomo, and I snapped this picture of them leaving.

6 Responses to “It’s Kind Of A Funny Story…”

1. mimi says:

Sounds like a great trip. Have a great time!! Thanks for the sighting..

2. shulvey says:

Thanks Mom!
    JD: She is indeed a cool chick. I’ll try not to have too much fun, but no guarentees =]
    Mimi: We were just guessing, mainly because she kept telling them to grab the kids and watch them. I don’t follow pop culture enough to know who the others were….just SJP and Matthew Broderick

3. Candy says:

You go girl! Enjoy reading your blog:)
    Love You,
    Mom

4. J.D. says:

she is a cool chick…. she she she oops.

5. J.D. says:

Wow Lil Bit,,, That is so cool that you saw Sara Jessica Parker…. see is a cool chick…. your mom is so proud of you…. Keep the blogs coming and don’t have too much fun….

6. mimi says:

How do you know they were nannies? SJP has several siblings and they have been known to travel Europe with Matthew’s sisters and his nieces…

Powered by WordPress. Theme by Sash Lewis.